Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Meltdown Cometh!!

Well, when I am on the verge of a meltdown, Lily finally decides that she'll go to sleep. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to get her to nap ( which I thought would be easier considering she's been awake since 7:30 am). The more frustrated I get, the more I try to find a solution . Some quick fix that will get Lily back to her schedule.

But the reality is, babies don't fit into schedules. They change so frequently, how can they? They can do routines though, and if I look at the last few days it's honestly no wonder she didn't want to nap. We've been running around so much, letting her do most of her napping in the car or stroller with constant motion. Of course she's not used to going to sleep on her own during the day anymore. Not to mention the fact that I have let her nap routine slide, thinking it wouldn't matter. Didn't read to her today. So maybe she was just saying MOM, what about my story. Most likely though it was just the fact that she's been realizing when I leave now. As long as I'm right there, she's fine. But does that mean I'm supposed to cater to that and stay by her side until she falls asleep. I don't think so, because when I'm there, she starts saying Mom lets play!!!Or it could be the fact that I missed her first tired signs, so now she's overtired. Or it could be all of the above!

I've been doing so good, going with the flow, but today I just can't do it. Today I need to pack and do laundry for our trip to Grande Prairie. But instead of getting what I need to done, I've been trying to get Lily to sleep. SO I'm agitated and frustrated by that.

Lord, forgive my impatience! Give me enough grace to give to Lily. Give me peace about our trip and help me to just do what I can and now worry about the rest until Sean gets home. Thank you that you are with me, even when I'm so frustrated and unloving. Your love is enough:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.