When something makes you uncomfortable, or scared or ashamed or puts you in a place of pain or boredom even, how do you deal?
I escape, sometimes by pigging out on food, sometimes by watching TV, sometimes by reading a book or going online. Sometimes I even escape by going out with friends. Anything to get my mind off of the place that I'm in. I don't deal with the feelings I'm having or acknowledge them in any way. Maybe they will go away then. But here's the thing, They don't. After the foods done, or the TV show is over, the feelings are still there. And then I have to find something else to occupy my mind with. I'm am afraid that they will take over me, that I will not be able to escape them.
I know this is not healthy, not only because of my weight gain, but from a spiritual and emotional standpoint too! So I think I need to try something new...I'm going to try and just BE in the places that life puts me in. I'm going to try and BE scared or ashamed or in pain(emotional pain, not physical; now that would just be crazy!) without trying to escape the feeling. I'm going to acknowledge the feelings I have, they are legitimate...they came from somewhere. And I'm going to take them all to God, because here's the truth...He won't love me any less. He won't toss me to the curb when I finally admit to what I've been feeling! He won't decide to test me by giving me way more than I can handle. He won't leave me when I'm not being the perfect Christian. God's not like that. Now if only I can remind myself of who He REALLY is!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.