Thursday, February 24, 2011

These are the voyages....

I am one of the people that can say they have watched every episode of every Star Trek Series (minus the Original series). Next Generation...check. Voyager...check. Deep Space Nine...Check. I can remember watching Next Generation with my parents when I was young. And 8 years ago, I met a man who was watching Voyager. I like said man, so I to began to watch Voyager and eventually I even began enjoying some episodes (mostly the ones that were a bit chick filickish). I have surprised myself with knowing little factoids about the show, like any true Trekkie...and have even brought episodes up in conversations...only to find that very few people know what episode I'm talking about. Most don't even know what a Klingon is.

Since we've gotten married, Sean has re watched Voyager, Next Generation and Deep Space Nine...and I have watched with him. Not because I LOVE star trek, but because I LOVE my husband. For the past few months, we have ended our day watching an episode or two. Now, with Sean on a trip for the past week, I find myself watching it alone...because for some reason, it makes me feel like Sean is a bit closer to me. It's worth it...immersing myself into something my husband enjoys. Every small thing we have in common draws us closer...even if it is an unnatural commonality.

SO, to my husband, all I can say is Keplah, and hope that maybe some of you know what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.