I turned 30 this year...WOAH! Nothing amazing happened, nothing terrible happened either. But I did think a lot about what getting older means to me.
When I was 13 I wrote myself a letter, predicting what my life would be like when I was 30. Who I would be married to (a random guy I liked back then- didn't happen), where I would live (near the mountains, in the country, in a house with a porch- well one out of 3 isn't bad), what I would be doing as a career (teaching- CHECK!), how many kids I would have (4- ummm, no!). It was very fun to look back and think of how my path has been laid out for me since then.
Turning older has never been a scary or terrible thing for me. I have never wanted to cling to a certain time in my life. I have found that each year that passes has held many miracles and blessings, many trials that have been overcome. Every year I have reason to celebrate...simply because I have lived another year. I have experienced God's love for another year. And for every year that passes, I am that much closer to being with God for eternity. And that is a wonderful thing to know.
I feel sad for people who dread getting older. Who cling so hard to the past and don't look forward to their future. Maybe they have a reason...maybe they do not know that God has a path for them, a plan to prosper them and give them abundant life if they would live for Him. And so the future is unsure to them. All they can see is the potential sickness and graying and wrinkling.They do not see eternity...
I hope that one day, these people would be able to see... and that they would be able to look forward to each day ahead. Just because they are alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.