Well, I have decided not to return to teaching next year. Many already know that. Both Sean and I have both felt the Lord's leading in this area, that it is much more important to be home with Lily than to have more money.
But today I am having a hard time trusting God with that decision. The bank denied our request to combine our mortgage and car payment together, something that would bring our monthly payments down by about 300 dollars a month. So now what? I am anxious to have a plan into place so that I can feel secure. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen anytime soon, if ever.
Our next step is to see if another bank will do it for us...but I am very aware of the fact that it may not happen. That we may need to live paycheck to paycheck and that I may have to come up with $600 a month somehow.
I have many options to do this, but most of them are out of my comfort zone.
The one that would allow me to stay at home with Lily would be to do after school care for kids... or babysit during the day. I worry about not being able to handle two kids or more at once. I worry about the logistics of getting paid on time and dealing with sick kids around Lily. Plus I would have to work every day to get enough money...but it would only be for a year until the car payment is done.
The next best thing would be substitute teaching. It pays well, but it means leaving Lily with someone for the day. I'm actually fine with that, but am doubtful at finding people to watch her on an on-call basis. But this is the option I am most comfortable with because I would only need to work 4 or 5 times a month to make enough money...plus it would keep my teaching more up to date and it's something I love to do.
Then there are the night work options...not really what we want to do, but again it would only be for a year.
Even just writing this I feel a little better. What I know of God shows me that He has a plan, even when I don't know what it is completely. I mean look at all my options...and any of them wouldn't be terrible.
My issue is that I know myself. I know that each month I will most likely worry until I have enough money in the bank to pay the bills. But I also know that this type of struggle will eventually help me to trust God a little easier...a little faster hopefully...and a little stronger. I want THAT more than anything...to be able to trust Him fully with all things. For really, that is the only way to have true freedom from worry!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.