Thursday, November 4, 2010

1 Kings 18: 17-46

I am picking up my Bible with a recommended reading that i get e-mailed to me. I have missed many days so I apologize that it is in the middle of a passage and I may not be getting the entire context...I'm just writing my thoughts as I read will give you the corresponding verses that provoke my thoughts...

v. 21" IF the Lord is God, then follow Him; but if Baal, then follow him."


How many times have I decided that it's OK to watch a show that I know wouldn't please God. Or listen to music that I know wouldn't please God. How many times have I chosen to follow the easier, worldly way of life instead of God? So many time, even to this day!! And this from a follower of Christ for 23 years! From someone who knows from first hand experience that the Lord is God!

If the Lord is God (HE IS!) then follow Him, Jenny!!

What a reminder for me. What a challenge to whole heartedly, with no exceptions, follow him. Am I ever glad that the Lord does not give up on us sinners!


There are sooo many demonstrations of the power of God in these few verses! He controls fire from the heavens. He can make it rain at will! He can give man superhuman abilities so they can outrun horse drawn chariots. Yes, He is God.

Let us not forget...let us choose to follow you closely and whole heartedly, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.