Monday, November 8, 2010

Mark 10:46-52

This story is pretty self explanatory, I've read it so many times that I didn't focus really well until the end when I was struck with something new.

v. 52"...And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way."

I was struck by the simple fact that this man chose, instead of going back to his family to show them that he had been healed, he chose to follow Jesus...literally. He knew in that moment that the most important thing was to follow and serve and learn from this man, Jesus.

This hit me because I think that when God blesses me my response in very different...it's more like " Thanks Lord, I really felt like I deserved this one." Now I don't actually think or say that..but I think that's the underlying feeling I have when God blesses me sometimes. Why do I feel like I'm entitled to blessing? I don't...I don't deserve anything...I am a sinner, a repetitive sinner...and I deserved death as a punishment for this sin. I forget this. I've been saved for so long that sometimes it feels like I deserve to be saved. I sometimes lose the knowledge that I deserve nothing. That God is just a great God and gives me mercy and grace and salvation and love anyways...

This passage reminded me that my response to God's blessing should not just be thank you. It should be action bred of gratitude for all the undeserved gifts God's given. I should seek to serve and follow Him more closely, because of the amazingness that is God's love in my life and because He does deserve ALL of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.