Sunday, November 7, 2010

Don't Count Them Out!

I just got home from the teen girls small group that I lead. Can I just tell you that these girls have enriched my life so much in the last few months. Watching them support each other through prayer, conversation and service has been so inspiring. Their love for God is so real, they are open with their struggles and I can see them seeking God and experiencing His goodness in new ways. It is so exciting to watch. Not only that, but they keep me accountable. They aren't afraid to ask me about how I'm doing, and knowing that they will ask me that helps me to make good decisions during the week. They have fresh insight into God and who He is, and I always feel encouraged every time I meet with them. The coolest thing is to see them wholeheartedly obey God. They have fewer inhibitions when it comes to following Him and that encourages me to stop being so prideful and just do what God wants me to do. They are so keen to serve others and it pushes me to step out of my little bubble and do the same. They ask good, insightful questions, which in turn challenges me to know God in a deeper way so I can share what He reveals to me with them. I encourage you to connect with a teen who loves Jesus, God will use them to minister to you in so many ways! Just because they are young doesn't mean they don't have anything to offer you or our church! Rise up young people and serve our Lord with all your hearts, minds and strength! You are an example to those who will come after you, but also to those who are before you. Blessings to all my young friends out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.