When I held her, my heart was full
Of love for this precious gift.
I felt blessed and so overwhelmed
And so unworthy for such loveliness
I lifted my hands in praise to creator God.
And my life and heart was consumed with this loveliness
With this life that had been given me
I have cared for it and loved it with all that I have within me
But my spoken prayers have been few
My praises as well
So consumed was I with this gift from God.
Yes I worshiped as I served,
But a longing began to grow
Of time to just sit in the presence of God
And not be interrupted by cries or little hands grasping for more.
I missed the friend that I had been so dependent on
And found that I had started to forget his voice
To forget how to speak to him.
Sitting in the nursery during church,
I gained so much,
But my heart was still hungry
For song, for community worship
How long would I wait...
No more.
A gift from a husband,
of time to worship
With others in the body.
As he tucked little hearts into bed
My heart was being fed,
From the banqueting table of sacrifice and praise.
I lifted up my hands and found them overflowing
I opened my ears, and heard His voice
I opened my heart and found my love, just as He had always been.
Quietly whispering love sonnets into my brokenness.
How satisfied I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.