Tuesday, July 14, 2009

?'s people ask me about labour and delivery...

One of the first questions people ask me these days is are you nervous...

Nope, I'm not. I had a moment at the beginning of my pregnancy where I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get through labour. But then I got to thinking that God designed a woman's body to do this. Not only that but it's in his plan for me to have children, so He's going to do all the work. He'll make my water break when it needs to, he'll make the contractions happen, he will give me the strength to do what I have to do when I need to do it. Basically he's doing the work, I'm just trusting... Since that moment God's given me a 'peace beyond understanding'. IT doesn't really make sense, but it's there and I am so thankful for it!!!


The second question I'm always asked is are you getting the epidural... not unless I need too because the baby or myself is at risk without it. (i.e. labour that is taking waaayyy to long, etc.) There are lots of reasons why... it automatically heightens your risk level, it doesn't always work, you can't tell when to push so you need more help, it leads to needing more drugs and a catheter, you HAVE to be in bed if you get it, you have to stay in the hospital longer, the baby may come out drugged as well therefore affecting immediate breastfeeding, etc. The only positive I've heard is it may help with pain and it may help you rest if it's been a long labour. Not worth it in my mind...

Anyways, it doesn't totally matter because I've decided to give birth at home with my midwife. Because of that an epidural isn't available, unless I move to the hospital...and that won't happen unless somethings going wrong.

Anyways, I'm excited, I'm peaceful, I'm impatient....it's going to be one crazy experience but one I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.