Waiting is so difficult for me...for a lot of people I think.
Waiting for good things, like a visit from someone you love, or a baby, or a really good meal...
Waiting for the unknown is the most difficult I think. Especially if you don't know if it will be good or bad...
seems like my life is all about waiting lately...waiting for Sean to come home, waiting for the baby...
But I am finding out that how you spend your waiting time makes a huge difference... I could spend it worrying...which leads to panic and depression. I can spend it distracting myself...which works for a while, but you end up doing a lot of meaningless things. Or I can spend it preparing my heart for what is to come...in prayer or reading ...I find that this is the most beneficial. When I focus on the strength and goodness of God, my waiting time becomes a blessing. I end up feeling encouraged and blessed to be watched over by such a loving God. I find myself excited about how He will work, rather than worried about how He will work.
Waiting...not such a bad thing after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.