Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Baby Whispering Update

Well, I can't say that everything worked for us, but my insights into Lily's behaviour have definitely heightened. Since she turned 5 months, her personality has really taken off, along with the ability to assert her will:) Bedtime is still going smoothly, going down at about 8, waking up once before 10, but then going down again for the night. She wakes up between 7 and 8 most days.
The nap time has been difficult. I found that when I tried to stay in the room with her, she would not go to sleep. SO I've had to leave the room after putting her down, even if she's fussing. But I have discovered a definite difference between an "I want out of this bed" cry and an " I need you mommy" cry. SO as long as she's not screaming, I leave her be for a few minutes before I go in the give her back the soother. Even this is a struggle for me though. It's hard to make the transition with your baby, when they suddenly turn from instinct driven little ones who only cry when they really need something, to little ones with their own wants and the will to assert those wants. You wonder if she really needs you, or if she's just trying to stay out of bed.

Eating is a struggle for me, although she is getting enough. I struggle to know how often to feed her. Her reflux has gotten worse these last weeks, so I've tried feeding her more often but less, but then she doesn't eat enough to get to the hind milk. But she definitely can't go 4 hours between feeds...she also ALWAYS acts like she's hungry...although I can definitely hold her off...she's just grouchy then. I guess I go back to feeding according to her cues...and not by time...this is so hard because I find I do NOT want to give up my control. This need for control is turning out to be the thorn in my side!

All in all things are well, although definitely not perfect. It's hard to be a mom when your a perfectionist who likes control...those things just don't go well with taking care of another human being. God grant me the patience and love to give up control and and accept your peace, joy, and flexibility!And I pray the same for all of you moms out there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.