Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 5...Keep on, Keep on, Keep on...

Yesterday was interesting...Lily missed a nap because I took her out thinking she would sleep in the car... she didn't. So she was uber grumpy in the evening. I decided to put her to bed early because of that. So she was in bed at 7, throwing a fit because she was overtired. But we did meet out goal for the day! Bedtime was better. She slept from 7:20 until 8, only took 10 minutes to put back to sleep then slept until 9 when I gave a dream feed then went right back to sleep.

I have yet to figure out how to get the naps longer. I can't get her to go back to sleep usually, but then, out of the blue she'll have good one!

Now that she knows the routine, I think I'll start going by her cues more than the times. It just didn't feel right making her wait to eat when she was clearly hungry and usually she can go 3.5 hours by herself. Plus, I noticed her acid reflux was getting worse because her feeds were bigger and her stomach got emptier in between feeds.

So my verdict on the book...has some good strategies for sleep problems. I'm more a fan of feeding on demand than scheduled feeds. The best thing was that it helped me shorten the time it took to put her down for naps and bedtime. AND it helped me help Lily to separate eating and sleeping. SO it was worth the read, but in the end I think you need to trust your instincts and do what's best for your baby. Don't feel like you have to take everything that's in a book and do it! For Lily, I really think she needs to eat smaller meals more often, so I'm forgoing the 4 hour schedule. But she also needed the E.A.S.Y routine, so I'm grateful for that one. God made you your child's mom for a reason, and He gives us the wisdom and discernment we need to know what's best for them.

Blessings on all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.