Once again, Lily did fairly well.
Feeding was good all day, although it was a little difficult to hold her off after her naps because she usually had an hour or more to wait until the 4 hour mark. Cluster feeding at night worked well, the 9 o'clock feeding was like a dream feed and she went right back to bed until morning. Plus it solved the issue of her being hungry quicker in the evening. Personally I think it's because she doesn't get as much as the day wears on.
Nap time was decent, I went more by her cues. She was woken up by the phone during her morning nap and didn't go back to sleep. So I tried extra hard to keep her in bed in her afternoon nap and she managed almost 2 hours ( with a 10 minutes break in between when I tried to get her to go back to sleep. She wlso ended up having two cat naps in the evening ( 4:15 and 6) because she was sooo tired! Putting her to bed at night proves the most difficult. I think because it was the only part of her day that WAS on a routine before, and then I moved it an hour earlier. SO I put her down at 7:45 but I had to basically stay with her until 8:45 when she went to sleep for good. That's the time she normally would go to sleep. Hopefully if I stay persistent, she will get used to the earlier bed time.
I have to keep reminding myself that the most important thing is not sticking to the clock, but keeping the routine E A S Y and watching her cues. SO even though she doesn't nap for as long as I'd like, she is no longer associating eating with sleeping. And she goes down for naps much quicker! Day 5 goals are to have a slightly shorter time to go to bed at night. I will still cluster feed at 7 and 9. and I will read her cues for nap times...if she wakes up grumpy I'll put her back to sleep, but if she's happy I'll get her up.
That's all for now...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.