Friday, June 17, 2011

Hills in the Road

I find myself looking at a hill. I am at the bottom, feeling low. And I can't see what is on the other side. The path is leading upwards, requiring muscles to work hard, breath to come fast. It doesn't feel very good. But this is the direction I need to go. Finally at the top, and I can see...what was meant for me is good. It was worth it.

I feel like I'm at the bottom of a hill today. My new work hours require me to give up my Thursday mornings. I am sad and I don't understand. Thursdays were church to me, since I haven't been able to sit in the services on Sunday mornings. I have finally made a connection with some ladies, they encourage me and pray with me and they help me through my weeks. And now God is asking me to give them up. I know it is God because in the midst of my sadness I feel peace about it. And I praise God for my job.

I am praying now as I move forward, for a new place of fellowship. Where I can meet with God and connect and pray with people. Where we can get into the word together. Maybe a bible study or another ladies group at a different time. I just hate not being able to see. But through life experience I know that going forward, even when blind, is worth it. Because God's plan is always perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.